Wise World of Wellen
1. John Lennon took a five-year break from writing music after his son was born in 1975, but he was inspired to get back in the game the first time he heard . . . “Rock Lobster” by The B-52’s. He just loved how it sounded.
2. Popcorn at a movie theater costs more per ounce than filet mignon.
3. The record for the most points by a pair of brothers in the NHL is 2,861 . . . Wayne Gretzky scored 2,857, and his brother Brent Gretzky scored four.
4. Cheerleading was an all-male sport when it started in the mid-1800s . . . and stayed that way until World War One, when men went off to battle and women filled in.
5. Every living thing on Earth combined weighs approximately 550 gigatons . . . one gigaton is equal to one trillion metric tons.