An electrical problem is blamed for causing a minor fire in the rear wall of the Jeff Ramsier home on Middleton Street in Iuka early Friday night.
Iuka Fire Chief Kenny Eagan says the Ramsier’s were home when they saw the lights flicker and heard a noise. They later discovered smoke coming out of the rear of the home.
The problem was traced to an electrical issue in a switch box that had started a small smoldering fire. Firemen had to take off some of the siding of the home to assure the fire was out. Eagan reported there was no damage to the inside of the home.
The fire call came in at 6:20 Friday night and firemen were on the scene for about 45 minutes.