Wise World of Wellen
- A Samoan man is 56 times more likely to play in the NFL than the average American man.
- The Mall of America in Minnesota doesn’t have a central heating system. A combination of skylights, all the regular lights, and people’s body heat keep it so warm they even have to run the air conditioner in the winter.
- The tallest mountain in the solar system is on Mars. It’s 16 miles high, or about three times higher than the tallest mountain on Earth.
- Congress almost passed a bill in 1910 to import a bunch of hippos from Africa to Louisiana . . . to raise them for MEAT.
- Maine was almost a Canadian province called New Ireland. The British seized it for Canada during the War of 1812, but eventually decided to pull out their troops and give it back to America.