Quantcast
One person injured in early Friday morning fire in Sandoval  

One person injured in early Friday morning fire in Sandoval  

One person was injured during an early morning house fire in Sandoval.

Sandoval Fire Chief Chad Parson says the fire was at the James and Jason Ashford home at 308 East Texas.

Upon arrival, Parson said they discovered a small fire in a front bedroom confined to a mattress and box springs.  The fire was quickly extinguished with no damage to the room.   The mattress and box springs were removed from the residence.  The home sustained light smoke damage and no structural damage.

One resident was taken to SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital in Centralia for treatment of minor smoke inhalation.

The State Fire Marshal was called to assist in determining the cause which was not considered suspicious.

Firemen were on the scene for about 45 minutes beginning at 12:48 Friday morning.