Wise World of Wellen
1. There are more than 600 species of plants that eat animals. Venus flytraps are just the most famous ones.
2. “Beverly Hills Cop” was originally going to be a straight action film starring Sylvester Stallone as a character named “Axel Cobretti.” He pulled out two weeks before filming started and the studio rewrote the movie to fit Eddie Murphy.
3. The reason we call porcelain “china” is that the country of China created and perfected it . . . so when it made its way into Europe in the 1500s, everyone just called it “China.”
4. The singer Gary Numan is 13 days older than the actor Gary Oldman.
5. The U.S. Senate has a tradition since 1968 called the “Candy Desk” . . . where the senator who sits in a specific seat near the door keeps a desk drawer full of candy for other members. It’s currently held by Pat Toomey from Pennsylvania.