Wise World of Wellen
- The little layer of chocolate in between the wafers in a Kit Kat bar is actually recycled Kit Kats. When Kit Kats that don’t look quite right come off the line, they’re ground up into paste and reused in future bars.
- The guy who invented Vicks VapoRub also invented junk mail.
- The three songs played most often in America are “Happy Birthday” . . . “The Star Spangled Banner” . . . and “Take Me Out to the Ball Game”.
- The guy who invented USB wanted it to be flippable, but that doubled the cost. So we ended up with USB devices that only plug in one way. And always, somehow, the opposite of the way you try to plug them in on your first try.
- The reason your fingers prune up in water is so it’s easier to grab wet things.