Wise World of Wellen
- Costco loses $40 million a year by selling rotisserie chickens for $4.99.
- The guy who invented the Super Soaker water gun worked at NASA and helped develop the stealth bomber.
- The Straw Hat Riot of 1922 was an eight-day riot in New York City over whether men could wear straw hats after the summer was over.
- The first PG-13 movie ever was “Red Dawn” in 1984. The PG-13 rating was created after “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom” got a controversial PG rating three months earlier, and proved there should be middle ground between PG and R.
- “Balls to the wall” is actually an aviation term. The control sticks in some military planes have a grip that’s shaped like a ball, and pilots would push them all the way to the wall in the front of the cockpit to go as fast as possible.