Wise World of Wellen
- 90% of the people in the world live in the Northern Hemisphere.
- The average height in the NBA has gone up about four inches since the league started in the late ’40s. It started at 6-foot-3, and now it’s 6-foot-7.
- Jimi Hendrix got paid $18,000 for playing at Woodstock . . . that was the most anyone got. A band called Quill got paid the least: $375.
- Jell-O created four flavors to use in salads in the 1960s: Celery . . . Italian salad . . . mixed vegetables . . . and seasoned tomato. They were actually popular for a little while but eventually all flopped and were discontinued.
- The Kentucky Derby is the oldest major American sporting event. It’s happened every single year since 1875.