Home North East of Salem Heavily Damaged by Fire

Flames Were Shooting from Windows Upon the Salem Fire Protection District Arrival

(SALEM)-Fire engulfed a double-wide mobile home occupied by Colton Hays of 5550 Edgewood Road just northeast of Salem late Thursday afternoon.

Salem Fire Protection District officials say Hays discovered the fire when returning home. The structure quickly became engulfed in flames and was fully engulfed by the time firemen arrived on the scene.

Fire officials believe the fire began from a space heater in a bathroom on the northwest side of the home.

Odin Firemen were called for automatic mutual aid and Kell Firemen stood by at the Salem fire station in the event of another fire.

The fire call came in at 4:30 Thursday afternoon and remained on the scene for two hours. No injuries were reported.