Wise World of Wellen
- Cans of Diet Coke float in water . . . but cans of Coke sink. It’s because the sugar in Coke weighs 39 grams and the sweetener in Diet Coke is 125 milligrams.
- The Hoover Dam is made of 4.36 million cubic yards of concrete. That’s enough to make a highway from San Francisco to New York.
- Even though it sounds Japanese, Sudoku was invented in France in the late 19th century. It got its name when a company in Japan started publishing the puzzles and called them “Sudoku” in 1986.
- George Lucas originally hoped Yoda would be played by a monkey wearing a mask.
- Baked beans are stewed, not baked.