Wise World of Wellen
1. Coffee breaks come from a tradition in the 1800s called “elevenses” . . . where people would get a break from work at 11:00 A.M. to drink WHISKEY.
2. The passengers in the first hot air balloon ride were a sheep, a duck, and a rooster. It happened in France in 1783, and the king was worried about how the altitude would affect people . . . so he wanted it tested on animals first.
3. It takes approximately 540 peanuts to make one 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
4. Before Jim Jones became a cult leader and eventually led more than 900 people to their deaths, he worked as a door-to-door pet monkey salesman in Indiana.
5. Every U.S. president except one is a descendant of a British king from the late 1100s, King John Lackland Plantagenet . . . better known as Robin Hood’s enemy, King John. The only president who isn’t is Martin Van Buren.