Wise World of Wellen
- There were proposals in the 1600s to use an upside-down or crooked exclamation point as a way to show the sentence was ironic or sarcastic.
- Vanna White has worn a different dress on every single episode of “Wheel of Fortune” . . . more than 6,500 total. But she doesn’t get to keep them.
- There’s a town in Washington called George. It’s the only city in the country with a full president’s name.
- If you made $5,000-a-day since Columbus first arrived in America, you still wouldn’t have $1 billion today. You’d finally get there in 2040.
- From 1935 to 1937, restaurants in Wisconsin were legally required to serve cheese and butter with every meal.