Quantcast
Grass fire blamed for melting siding on rural Dix home 

Grass fire blamed for melting siding on rural Dix home 

A grass fire that spread out of control is blamed for melting an area if siding on a home in rural Dix Saturday afternoon.

Kell Fire Chief Lonnie McDaneld says the fire at the Tiffney Sponeller property at 23,732 Lopez Lane in Dix started from a trash fire that spread into a grassy area and burned up against the house.   Sponeller was home at the time and reported the fire.

McDaneld estimates damage to the house at $2,000.  He says the grass fire only covered a small area.

Kell firemen received the call at 3:08 Saturday afternoon and were on the scene for about an hour.