Quantcast
Grease fire at Salem home results in one minor injury   

Grease fire at Salem home results in one minor injury   

A grease fire on the stove at a Salem home on South Vincent Street resulted in one minor burn injury.

Salem firemen say a 16-year-old male juvenile was taken to Salem Township Hospital by United Medical Response for treatment of burns to his hands and arms.   He was later released.

Firemen say the fire was out upon their arrival, but there was some limited fire damage to the kitchen from an apparent flash fire.    The 16-year-old had poured water on the pan when it flared to try and put it out.

Firefighters checked to make sure the fire had not spread and cleared smoke from the residence.

The fire call came in at 11:41 Friday morning.   Firemen were on the scene for about an hour.