Wise World of Wellen presented by Salem Eye Clinic
- After a curling match, the winners are supposed to take the losers out for a round of drinks, even at the Olympics.
- Thousand Island dressing is named after the Thousand Islands region in the St. Lawrence River between the United States and Canada. It was created by a fisherman’s wife while he fished in the river.
- There are 4,700 species of frogs, and only one makes a “ribbit” sound. But we associate it with all frogs, because the frog that “ribbits” is native to California, so it’s the one that sound engineers originally recorded for movies.
- Cashews are the only nut that you can’t buy in its shell . . . because the shells are toxic.
- Ceiling fans were invented in America in the 1860s and were powered by running water, a turbine, and belts.
Salem Eye Clinic has resumed routine eye health examinations. They are currently prioritizing medical visits, and the first appointments of each day will be reserved for elderly and at-risk patients. The doors will remain locked during office hours. All services require an appointment, and curbside pickup is still being utilized. For more information about other changes in the office call 548-3506.