Plans have been finalized for the Salem Aquatic Center to open for the season on Saturday, June 27th.
The center will be allowed to have a maximum of 200 people. The Illinois Department of Public Health will also allow the use of the bathhouse for those coming to swim.
Here’s the daily schedule for the aquatic center:
- Early morning swim from 5:30 to 8:30 Monday through Saturday mornings.
- Swim lessons from 9 to 9:45 am Monday through Thursday.
- Special needs swim from 9 to 9:45 on Friday mornings.
- 1st session of open swim from ten am to two pm. 2nd session of open swim from three pm to seven pm.
- Swim parties from 8 to 9:30 pm.
The time in between each session is for sanitizing to keep swimmers safe.
The admission is free for those two and under, $5 for youth and adults to age 65, and $3 for those 65 and over. No pool passes will be offered this year due to the late start of the season and uncertainty over future developments due to COVID-19. Pool parties are currently being booked on a first come first serve basis on the city’s website.
Only prepackaged concession items will be available.
Tents will be set up outside the pool fence so family members who don’t want to swim can watch and not count towards the capacity of the pool.