Wise World of Wellen presented by Salem Eye Clinic
1. Your brain represents 2% of your body weight . . . and uses up to 20% of your body’s energy. That’s more than any other organ.
2. Helium doesn’t increase the pitch in your voice. It just amplifies the higher-pitched frequencies that are already there.
3. When the breathalyzer was created in the 1930s, it was called the Drunk-O-Meter.
4. There are approximately 200 different types of fungi on your feet right now.
5. Since Ecuador is split by the equator, winter and summer happen at the same time. When the north part of the country is having winter, the south is having summer, and vice versa.
Salem Eye Clinic has resumed routine eye health examinations. They are currently prioritizing medical visits, and the first appointments of each day will be reserved for elderly and at-risk patients. The doors will remain locked during office hours. All services require an appointment, and curbside pickup is still being utilized. For more information about other changes in the office call 548-3506.