Wise World of Wellen presented by Salem Eye Clinic
1. The reason baseball and basketball teams wear dark jerseys for road games is because the away teams originally didn’t have access to washing machines, so they needed the darker jerseys to conceal dirt.
2. The Oval Office has pressure sensors in the floor, so the Secret Service can monitor exactly where the president is when they’re not allowed inside.
3. You’re more likely to be stung by a bee if you’re eating a banana. The chemical compound that gives bananas their taste also works as a pheromone that makes bees angry.
4. The guy who invented the “upside-down” ketchup bottles with the opening at the bottom instead of the top sold his company to Heinz in 1995 for $13 million.
5. The full version of “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” is a feminist song about a woman who wants to go on a date to a baseball game, not a movie.
Salem Eye Clinic has resumed routine eye health examinations. They are currently prioritizing medical visits, and the first appointments of each day will be reserved for elderly and at-risk patients. The doors will remain locked during office hours. All services require an appointment, and curbside pickup is still being utilized. For more information about other changes in the office call 548-3506.