Wise World of Wellen presented by Salem Eye Clinic
1. The scrolling text at the beginning of the early “Star Wars” movies was done by printing out the entire thing and having a camera slowly roll over it.
2. Philadelphia cream cheese is named after the town of Philadelphia in New York, where cream cheese was originally produced.
3. The “ZIP” in ZIP code stands for “Zone Improvement Plan.” They were created in 1963 to help mail carriers deliver mail more efficiently . . . so they could “zip” along their routes.
4. A rock is considered a boulder if it’s more than 10.1 inches in diameter.
5. California produces almost 90% of the wine in the United States. And if it were its own country, it would be the fourth biggest wine producing country in the world.
Salem Eye Clinic has resumed routine eye health examinations. They are currently prioritizing medical visits, and the first appointments of each day will be reserved for elderly and at-risk patients. The doors will remain locked during office hours. All services require an appointment, and curbside pickup is still being utilized. For more information about other changes in the office call 548-3506.