Wise World of Wellen presented by Salem Eye Clinic
1. Every letter in English is silent in at least one word . . . except for the letter “v.” It’s never silent.
2. Cheerios were called CheeriOats when they debuted in 1941. The name was changed in 1945.
3. The first script for “E.T.” was a horror movie. Steven Spielberg decided he liked it better as a family movie . . . and that horror script was rewritten to become “Poltergeist”.
4. The most common street name in the U.S. is . . . Second Street.
5. There’s a real definition for a “tropical” location: A place between the Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn. For the U.S., only Hawaii is technically tropical.