Quantcast
Fire causes minor damage to kitchen of Centralia home  

Fire causes minor damage to kitchen of Centralia home  

A mobile home received minor damage in a trash can fire that started outside the kitchen window and had moved inside before being discovered and quickly put out.

Centralia Fire Protection District officials say they were called to the Mike Birkner home at 912 North Beech Street after the residents had knocked down the fire with a garden hose.   There were five residents in the home that all escaped safely.

One of the children in the home woke up when hearing glass break as the fire was burning outside the mobile home.   A portion of one outside wall was scorched and there was some damage to the kitchen chairs inside the residence.

Firemen used a thermal imaging camera to make sure the fire had not spread any further.

The fire call came in at 3:07 Thursday morning.  Firemen were on the scene for about an hour.