Quantcast
Centralia home receives minor damage in fire blamed on a plastic bucket with smoking materials  

Centralia home receives minor damage in fire blamed on a plastic bucket with smoking materials  

Centralia City Firemen reported minor damage to a home in an early Saturday morning fire that apparently started in a small bucket containing cigarette butts.

A passerby woke up Brianna Ray of 1304 South Maple to tell her the house was on fire.   The fire was quickly put out with damage limited to a few pieces of exterior siding.  A part of the original exterior wall that started to burn behind the paneling in the house was also removed.

What isn’t clear is what happened to the plastic bucket that is believed to have started the fire.  Firemen believe the person who discovered the fire most likely moved it, but it was never found.

The fire call came in at 12:24 Saturday morning.   Firemen were on the scene for 22 minutes.