Rural Salem home heavily damaged by fire

Rural Salem home heavily damaged by fire

A rural Salem home received heavy damage from fire late Monday afternoon.

Salem Fire Protection District Officials say no one was at home at the Robert Sands home at 2266 Branch Road when the fire was spotted by neighbors.

The fire was shooting through the roof and parts of the home were falling in when the first fire trucks arrived on the scene. The fire is believed to have started from a heating issue.

Odin and Kell Firemen provided mutual aid on the scene while Kinmundy-Alma Firemen stood by at the Salem station in the event of another fire.

There were no injuries.

The fire call came in at 4:29 Monday afternoon, with firemen on the scene for about two hours.