Wise World of Wellen presented by Salem Eye Clinic
1. The first athlete to ever earn $1 million was a bare-knuckle boxer named John L. Sullivan in 1882.
2. The world’s oldest beer recipe comes from approximately 1800 B.C. in ancient Mesopotamia. And people today have brewed it . . . and found it tasted dry.
3. It takes 872 gallons of water to produce one gallon of wine.
4. Instead of “once upon a time,” Korean fairytales usually start with “In the old days, when tigers used to smoke.”
5. Sliced bread is less than 100 years old. It was sold for the first time 93 years ago, in Chillicothe, Missouri.
Salem Eye Clinic is holding a canned food drive! For each can of food you bring in, you will be entered into a drawing to win a pair of Harley Davidson sunglasses. Call the office at 548-3506 for more information or stop by with your donation!